Monday, May 2, 2011

Nap Time Dancers

So...I have a new baby, I have a toddler, my husband is gone 84 hours a week (14 hrs/day) and I thought to myself...what else can I do?! Ok, that isn't exactly how this came about. My friend presented a new project that once I read about I realized I had to be a part of it.

It is called "Nap Time Dancers" and is an online dance company for stay at home wives and moms. It is an opportunity for once full time dancers to still be able to create and move without sacrificing any family time or obligations. It is exactly what I need. I miss dancing and being a part of the dance world so much! It is a part of my identity that has been seeking an opportunity to come back and be an active part of my current lifestyle.

Please check out the blog and keep checking back. We will be posting videos, discussion posts, and generally involving dance in our lives and those who come along our journey throughout the weeks starting now until June 24. I am excited to push myself and create new pieces as well as learn more about film editing in the process.

While the next few weeks will be full of new baby pictures/videos and posts, it will also include reminders to check out that other part of who I am...a Nap Time Dancer!

www.naptimedances.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

thats so awesome megan! i'd love to see some videos of you dancing!

The Hardys said...

awesome!! I'll have to check it out!

Jessica said...

I was in Italy when you posted this but I wanted to say it's awesome you are still continuing with your passion!! It will be great for you and for your kids to see you doing what you love.