Met with the doctor today. Here are some things that we discussed...
My question...what happens if I am not progressing at all before the inducement date? Will we still induce?
Dr.'s answer...we definitely don't have to stick to the inducement date. If you don't feel comfortable going forward with it we can push it back. If you are progressing a little, we will probably do a (can't remember the term but...) procedure that basically means we put a balloon in you that helps to put pressure on the cervix and encourage it to dialate (or something like that).
How I felt...I felt like he definitely didn't want to push me into something which was really encouraging. He was and always has been very open with me. I feel like the inducement date is not the do or die date and I will be able to do what I want and feel the need to do to help myself get ready and into labor.
My question #2...what situation means I will have a c-section (meaning dr. won't be available for whole labor)?
Dr.'s answer...if you go into labor in the middle of the night or on the weekend that neither me or my partner is available to be with me during the whole time of labor (basically available for possibly 8 hours or more) then a c-section is required. If the on-call doctor is at another hospital and can't come over to the hospital you will be at and stay there until I can come, a c-section is required.
How I felt...I don't think that meant that the odds are not in my favor if I go into labor in the middle of the night or on the weekend. I think that meant that my dr. is concerned about not being able to be there. He did say that I am his next VBAC. Which means he has kept his schedule open and available to be there for me and this VBAC and not any others. I also felt like if I go into labor on my own at home, Blaine and I will stay at home as long as we feel is safe and appropriate so that we don't arrive at the hospital super early on and put ourselves and our dr. in a position that means we have to fight off a c-section.
My question #3...I have some herbs that I am hoping to take in preparation for labor and delivery. How do you feel about these?
Dr.'s answer...I do not know about these herbs. There are many that I have heard of and recommend, but these specific ones I do not know enough about to neither give my blessing or give my warning. So, if you feel good about them and friends and family are saying they are safe, you decide what you want to then do.
How I felt...I want to understand more about the herbs, but I don't feel pushed away from taking them. I am excited to have them as another trick in my bag :)!
The journey continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment