Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nolan's good stuff!

I haven't written about Nolan in way too long! How did I let that happen?! Well, here are just some things about my wonderful little guy...

We went to California a couple of weekends ago for a quick family get away and to take Nolan to the beach. Nolan loved the beach! The water was too cold to swim in, but it was still warm outside. Nolan was playing in the sand, throwing rocks, digging, running around and generally just being a very pleased little boy. After about 3 hours of this, he was wanting Blaine to hold him. He sat there for a minute with Blaine and then said..."I'm tired." It was so cute and surprising. If anyone knows Nolan you know that sleep hasn't always been his favorite past time. I guess when he's tired...he's tired.

On that same trip as we were driving home Nolan was sitting in the back seat of the car eating some snacks and hanging out when he said "I'm happy". It was so great! We were pretty proud parents that our kid was happy. Another time I gave Nolan a cookie because he had been so good that day and ate a really good lunch. As he sat there eating his cookie, he looked over to me and said again "I'm happy". So cute!

Nolan is our nursery (for the 18 month to 3 yr. olds at church during the 2nd and 3rd hours where they play, eat snacks, sing songs, and have a short lesson) attending champion! We started him in nursery at about 17 months just going for an hour or so. The first couple of times he cried and lasted almost an hour. One time he was brought back to us very upset and that broke my heart of course! Well, in just one months time he has evolved to taking himself to nursery! Last Sunday, at the end of Sacrament mtg. (the first hour meeting) Blaine said to Nolan "Ok go to nursery now." Mostly kidding, but Nolan just waltzed on out, down the hall, and into nursery! I couldn't believe. And he stayed the whole time! He is so good.

Nolan has been into muffins lately so last night I made some blueberry muffins for us to enjoy for breakfast. This morning I said to Nolan, "Guess what I made you for breakfast?" and he yells out "PIZZA!". Don't know where that came from, but it sure was cute!

Well, I have much more to post about Nolan and some really great pictures. But these were necessary to get written down. I love my Nolan!!!

No comments: