This is much more innocent then the title sounds! :) For Christmas presents to each other Blaine and I decided to stay in a hotel and go to a show in Vegas...no Nolan. It was our first night without Nolan and I think it was really good for both of us.
We stayed in a beautiful hotel on the strip, The Venetian. It was so fancy. The blinds opened with a remote! It took us a long time to figure that out. The bathroom was huge and everything was just so fancy looking. It was a fun and rare occasion.
We got to the hotel at about 5pm and had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at 7pm which was playing there at The Venetian. So, we went to get some dinner at a nice little restaurant. They have a whole area that is set up to feel like you are outside with a fake sky but real pigeons?! After our nice dinner together we headed to the show. The theatre at The Venetian was built specifically for The Phantom of the Opera which was quite spectacular. It makes you feel like you are a part of the set. The chandelier was huge and right in the middle of the theater. It was such a fantastic show and so nice to be there with Blaine. After the show we headed to our room and sat in every possible place possible. We thought we'd stay up late to enjoy the room and the time we had together, but we fell asleep around 10pm! We slept in and were able to wake up whenever we wanted...that was an unfamiliar feeling! We enjoyed a nice breakfast and then headed to get Nolan. It was so nice to be together and spend time as husband and wife. It is certainly not something we are able to do very often.
My wonderful cousin Jody (and her kids) watched Nolan for us and he did great. When we went to pick him up he was so anxious to show us everything he had been up to. It was so cute. I'm so grateful for family and for feeling so comfortable to leave Nolan with Jody and her family. Thanks Jody!
Here are some pictures from our big night out!
5 comments:
How fun!! I hear the venetian is a really cool place - I'd love to go check it out sometime! What a nice gift to get out without the little man! Glad you had fun! :)
How fun! I'm glad you got some alone time!
That sounds like so much fun! I would love to see Phantom. We're going to have to get together once we get out west!
Ha ha, I love the curtains that open with a remote! For my birthday a few weeks back we went on our first official dinner date at a restaurant with out Preston. Not gonna lie, it was soooo nice. You love those little ones so much, but sometimes you need a little alone time with the husband!
How fun! I love the Venetian. And I love Phantom too. I saw it in New York when I went with Lehi's Dance Co. I'm glad you guys had a fun time.s
Post a Comment