Saturday, January 29, 2011

A missing love...

I saw this video posted on another blog (thatwifeblog.com) and loved it. It is just such a beautiful way to show dance. I love how so many different artistic mediums are using dance.

Watching it also made me miss dance oh so bad. I miss moving. I miss being surrounded by dance...living, thinking, breathing and especially teaching dance. Now, in the same breath, I wouldn't give anything I have up to go back to those days...but I need to find a way to incorporate dance more in my current lifestyle. Luckily, I have a friend out here in NV who is a fellow dance enthusiast and we have just recently decided to get together once a week to stretch and dance! AND we are going to sign up to team teach an adult dance class at a local rec center. There is just something about me and dance...they go together. And without dance as a part of my life there is a little piece of me missing. I love to move, I love to see others move, I love to create movement, I love the excitement that comes from using your body as a creative outlet. I love dance. That is all I wanted to say.


Thought of You from Ryan J Woodward on Vimeo.

Oh and cool side note. I figured out at the end of this video that is was choreographed by a BYU professor, performed by BYU dancers, and filmed at BYU...that is my alma mater if you didn't know. Go Cougs!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I saw Gaylynn Christi's sister post this a week or so ago on facebook, I should have told you! Get dancing1

The Leakes said...

Megan-thank you SO much for sharing this! It made my night! Being 34 weeks pregnant I'm not much for moving these days, so it was inspiring and beautiful to watch. I am still teaching, but for the last few months I have thought about calling it quits after baby number two comes. Just last week though I was talking to my boss about a project we have coming up in August and for the first time in months I thought about continuing to teach. Ah, the questions and the balance we have to figure out in life! But, I am so happy for you and that you have found a creative/dance/movement outlet! I know you will love it and you will do great! So, besides all of that, hope that things are going well for you guys. Take care friend!

The Hardys said...

darn you dance! You always come back to haunt me, just kidding, I totally know what you mean. The other day I was getting all these choreography ideas and just wishing I could dance again! How many years has it been, like 4? I need to figure out something dance related here in Kansas! I'm excited about your class, keep us posted!

Danielle said...

WOw, I loved that! Yeah, I'll see you on the dance floor tomorrow-so excited.