Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gender Reveal

We have had some fun with the gender of this baby. We have had lots of guesses, a few funny tests, and then the real deal. Before we get to the actual results...here is what we found out before the ultrasound...

My mother-in-law Sharon bought us an over-the-counter gender test. It is basically a marketed version of the crystal drano test people do (which I had never heard of, but learned about later). This test said...



BOY!!!

Then we had some friends over for the cake gender test. I had never heard of this one either, but some of my friends here in Boulder City introduced me. You bake a cake and make it half blue and half pink then frost it. The dad then spins the cake and the mom cuts into. Which ever color you cut into is the gender of your baby. This test said...




BOY!!!

Oh and I love this picture! You've got Blaine with the boy result cake, big brother Nolan, and my pregnant belly enjoying it all!

And a special thanks to our friend Aaron for baking this delicious cake!

Then, the ultrasound on Monday. First, and more important, the baby is perfectly healthy and is developing right along as needed. That was certainly wonderful to hear. Then, the gender reveal. The doctor had to shift the baby around a little bit to make sure and get a good view. This test said...




GIRL!!!

We were quite shocked but also very excited. I was totally thinking boy for some reason (maybe those tests really got to me). When she said girl I started crying! I had no idea I would be that excited for a little girl. Now that we know there is a little girl in there I can't stop thinking about girl things...tutus, bows, dresses, flowers, etc. I am getting more and more excited. I did think it would be fun for Nolan to have a brother close in age, but I think he'll do pretty good with a little girl too. It will certainly be different from balls, bats, rocks, and trucks!

Yay a little girl is headed our way!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love all your "tests!" I can't wait for baby girl King!!

Jenny said...

Megan! I had NO idea you were even pregnant! So, so happy for you though! When are you due? We are having a girl as well, due March 10th. I'm guessing you are not that far behind me. Anyway, again, a huge hug and congratulations your way!

Cortney Clegg said...

YAY!! I am all excited for you guys!! Maybe because I want a little girl so badly. :) How funny that the tests didn't get it right, but they are fun to do anyway. :) Congratulations!!

Susan said...

you bet it will be different from balls...

Congratulations homegirl. I think about you guys all the time, and am so happy to hear the great news.

Janie Mann said...

Congrats, congrats! I can't wait to meet this cutie!