HOOVER DAM
There is a guy in our ward who works at Hoover Dam and gave us an in depth employee style walk through of the dam...meaning we saw A LOT of things that you never see as a normal tourist. It was so amazing. We learned a lot more about what the dam is all about too. It was really interesting and a lot of fun. Thank you Mark for taking us through and giving us such an interesting and exciting view of the dam.
This are some of the generators that the water passes through and creates electricity. They are huge...and really complex!
This is a huge pipe that runs under the dam and the water passes through. It is 30 feet wide and the height of a 2 story house. It was crazy to stand there looking at it because you could hear and feel the water rushing through.
This is mostly for everyone's entertainment because I look ridiculous in a hard hat. Blaine literally couldn't stop laughing at me every time he looked at me.
This is Blaine, his med school friend Cameron who came with us, and Mark our tour guy walking through the dam.
Here I am in 2 places at one time...tricky I know.
This give you somewhat of an idea of where we got to go. Usually people are only allowed on top of the dam...the sidewalk is above Blaine's head in this picture. We were down at the bottom by the river.
Also, my wonderful cousin Jody watched Nolan for us (he was too little to go on the tour). It was the first time we had left the little guy for that length of time without him being with one of us (it was 5 hours). He did great and we can't thank Jody enough for watching us and letting us feel at ease knowing he was in great hands!
Oh I should thank these guys too...
for entertaining him and making him happy...they were great babysitters (Jody's kids).

4 comments:
I'm so excited you found my blog! What would we do with out technology?! Seriously! First off you are adorable! Secondly, your little Nolan is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen and Thirdly (is that a word?) I will be stalking you for the rest of your life! :) So happy!
How neat that you and Blaine got to get away sans Nolan for just a bit...I'm jealous you got to do a "special" tour...I've only ever driven over the dam. :)
Hahahaha I mean.. *cough* you look great in a hard hat Mega ;)
Fun post! We both had fun too - I hope you weren't too late picking up Nolan.
Post a Comment