Friday, October 9, 2009

General Conference

What a great weekend! Blaine was able to stay home ALL weekend to watch General Conference. It was a great family weekend. We were able to get it on the internet. So, together as a family we sat enjoyed all 4 sessions in the comfort of our living room. It was so wonderful to have the spirit in our home and to hear the words of the Prophet and Apostles and to receive their guidance and counsel. I felt a real motivation to live my life better! 

 A few things I took away from the talks in Conference were...
*listen to the Holy Ghost and follow spiritual promptings
*Serve others
*Be consistent!!!
*Keep the commandments (such simple doctrine but it needs reiterating)
*Love others and show that love...be active in loving
*TRY!

I am so grateful for my wonderful family. My amazing husband who is so committed to our family. My beautiful baby boy who I can't imagine life without! I am so blessed!!!

Oh...here is Nolan "enjoying" conference. Hopefully this isn't habit...just kidding!


1 comment:

Cortney Clegg said...

glad you guys had such a relaxing weekend! Wasn't Elder Holland's talk AWESOME?!