Friday, October 9, 2009

Art in the Park

Boulder City is such a great place to live. We love the small quite community feel, the green grass, nice big trees, and fun community events! Last weekend was what they call "Art in the Park". There were hundreds of booths set up in 3 different adjacent parks. The booths had things from household crafts, doggie hats (no joke...they were selling hats for your dog...), clothes and shoes, to beautiful paintings and sculptures. It was a huge event where apparently 100,000 people or so come to it. We just walked over from our house which was so nice. The weather was perfect too. We did some browsing, had some lunch on the lawn, then headed back home. It was a nice day out and another reason why we think Boulder City is so cool. 

Nolan ate and slept through the whole event. Its a good thing we are trying to encourage cultural activities in his life because he just loves them :)


5 comments:

Janie Mann said...

Mega, what a cute picture of you and I love baby Nolan's great smiles. How exciting! I'm glad you guys are loving Boulder City-we miss you. Love ya-Janie

Jessica said...

You look so adorable! Did you always have bangs? I don't remember them, but they look great! And I'm loving all these updates!

Jessica said...

And then I remembered you went to get your bangs cut and Nolan started crying and you had to leave...

emily and jeremy said...

I just have to know where you got your sling! (It is so cute.) P.S. I'm glad you are giving Nolan cultural experiences, those poor sheltered babies are so jealous right now :)

Megan King said...

Emily...I actually got my sling at Wal-mart of all places! I had a gift card there and they had this one. I also so it at Target and online. There are sooo many out there! But this was was good for us.