P.S. if you have any advice please share!!!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Here's the scoop...
I went to the doctor today. It was kind of a rough visit. My plans of having a natural birth will not be so with this baby. I have to have a c-section tomorrow. My baby has flipped around somehow and is now breech. With me already being overdue, my doctor feels like it is in the best interest of me and the baby to go ahead and take him through a c-section since his ability to reposition himself is not likely and the longer we wait the longer we postpone the inevitable. It is hard news for Blaine and I as both of us have been preparing for and imagining a beautiful birth experience. I will now have to be in the hospital longer and will have a much longer recovery period. Blaine is having to come to grips with the idea that he won't be able to be home to care for me and baby after this surgery since he will have to be in school. It is a tough realization. Ultimately, both Blaine and I want a safe and healthy baby so that is what we are focusing on. It is hard to give up on my vision of the birth experience I was hoping for, but I'm sure once I have my baby in my arms I will feel much better. Until then, if you all could keep us in your prayers that everything goes smoothly with the surgery and that the recovery is one of ease. My mom and sisters will be here to help our little family which will be essential. So, tomorrow Blaine and I will have our baby. The c-section is scheduled for 12pm (Vegas time). Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
hey Meg...I emailed when Nathan called me with the news. Just keep reminding yourself that, no matter what, you'll have your baby boy in your arms by this time tomorrow! and in the end, that's all that will matter. Also, quick side note, Heidi said her recovery was EASIER after her two C-Sections than the recovery after the vaginal delivery. You're in our thoughts, Mama!!
My sister was the same way. She really didn't want a C-Section but she also had to. Once she seen her beautiful baby boy everything was okay. Stay positive and we will pray for you. I'm sorry you don't get to experience it the way you wanted but the most important thing is keeping you and baby safe. Good luck!
It will all turn out fine and you'll have your beautiful baby boy tomorrow! I'm so glad you're thinking positively. Congratulations early! And good luck with everything!
Good luck tomorrow!!! You still get a little bit of the birthing feeling because you do feel the tugging of the baby coming out. Don't worry there'll be other times that you can try vaginally again, just make sure they are doing a horizontal cut rather the a vertical (I think that's it) - the horizontal you have a better chance of delivering vaginally the next time around. Yay! You get to hold him tomorrow!!! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Well, even though you won't have the birth experience you imagined, you will still have your sweet little baby boy in your arms tomorrow, and that's the important thing! On the bright side, the c-section will be super short in comparison to regular labor and I think no matter how a baby is born, the recovery isn't any fun! But, I am SO excited for you and your new little family Megan. I wish you all the best tomorrow and I will keep you guys in my prayers! Lots of love, Jenny Leake :)
Megan, I totally understand how you are feeling. I ended up with a C-section as well, although not a scheduled one. I hear the recovery is much better if your body doesn't go into labor as well. So hopefully it will be a smooth healing process. Good luck! Pop those stool softners like candy :)
I sorry friend...It's hard when you have the birth going one way in your head but then it turns upside down all the sudden...BUT as soon as you have him in your arms you will totally forget..Good luck!! We will keep you in our prayers...Enjoy that beautiful baby...I have so long before I get to rock mine :)
Good luck Mega! I'm sure it'll still be a beautiful experience and once you have your baby boy, everything will be great. We'll be praying for you!
My best piece of advice as a new mom is DO NOT USE A BOTTLE. Even if your peditrician freaks you out at the first appointment, DO NOT USE A BOTTLE. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? As long as your little one is gaining weight and is happy, do not let him use a nipple other than yours. I made the mistake and now my baby will not breast feed at all so I'm pumping and feeding.
Hopefully your next delivery will be more like what you planned for, but I'm sure having that little man in your arms makes up for a little of it. We love you guys.
Allison
Hey Meg, Its seems like forever since we talked last. I know your a fighter and i know things will go well. I work in an OB/GYN i know amazing right:) but it is true recovery time is faster for a c-section i will ask at work tomorrow for any good healing ideas or things like that. But i am so excited to see pics of baby king. I cant believe that he is here, it seems like just yesterday you told us you were pregnant. Well i miss you and i wish the best of luck to you and your family. Tell the baby i say hi. Love you and miss you. Love lots from Utah!
Post a Comment