So I have this kind of funny excitement over astronomy and hearing about the solar eclipse I jumped into action. I looked up online how to view the eclipse sans special glasses and made a little cardboard viewing tool, packed up some snacks and the family and headed to the park to view the annular solar eclipse!
It was really cool! We could totally see it on the cardboard and watched its progress over the housr or so that we were there. There were some other people at the park who were watching the eclipse and had some glasses that they let us look through. So we got to see both the shadow and the actual eclipse. I t was really interesting to also feel the eclipse happening. It was noticeably darker and cooler while the moon moved over the sun.
Blaine and I thought it was really cool and every now and then Nolan would come over to see the eclipse. Cleo didn't quite catch the enthusiasm! They both had fun eating snacks and playing in the grass though.
Happy Solar Eclipse 2012!
1 comment:
Haha. I think my screen is too dirty to see anything. What fun parents you are!
Post a Comment