Thursday, May 24, 2012

Devil Dash Mud Run 2012

My friend and I braved the Devil Dash Mud Run that was here in Boulder City. We were so pumped to get wet and muddy! Well, we got wet and kind of dirty, but not the muddy we were looking for...still fun. It wasn't exactly a run either. I was expecting to run for a mile, do an obstacle, run for a quarter of a mile, do an obstacle and so on and so forth. It wasn't like that. It was a rocky running trail, up and down hill the whole way and obstacles that came farther between running stretches then expected. I totally expected to run the whole way without stopping but that was really not happening. I can run a 5K...this was not a 5K. The focus was more on the devil part of it and making it a difficult event. I got hot and light headed and felt like a total wimp! But, all that aside, we finished...not even close to last...and had fun! If I ever do this again I'll have to train with a lot more hills!

The day as documented in photos...




This picture is a little embarrassing considering everyone around me is properly repelling and I (with my slight fear of heights) am gripping for dear life just trying to find the ground...haha!

And again...how close can I stay to the board without falling and still make my way down...oh geez Megan! haha!

So glad to be done with that part!!!!

Yep...climbed that hill

Coming in for the final obstacles and finish line.

Here we are both at the top and Lindsay is giving me some reassuring words so that I make it to the bottom!

The one and only mud pit where we swam under barbed wires and my hair got caught!

The finish line!

Devil Dash Mud Runners!!! (Notice our shirts are pink now...there was a "blood bath" we jumped in and swam through that dyed our shirts!)

Thanks Lindsay for being my partner in crime and let's be honest for helping me get through it! You are such a great friend! 

4 comments:

Janie Mann said...

Good job Megan, that looked tough!

Jenny said...

Megan, this is AWESOME!!! Great job!

Jessica said...

That looks really hard! You are an inspiration! I wish you lived closer (obviously) so you could whip my post-pregnancy body into shape.

Danielle said...

Oh my heck Megan you guys are awesome. You are one tough dancer:)