Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cleo is 1!!!

My baby girl is 1! How did that happen?! This last year of having Cleo in our lives has been such a blessing. She is such a sweetheart and painfully cute! She is quite the independent little one. It is funny because on certain things in life she is really certain about the way it should be done...her way! For example, she was really hard to get to take solids, but as of recently she sometimes out eats Nolan. I can come up with lots of reasons why, but mostly I think it is just my self driven child. She also is recently interested in feeding herself, not having her food cut up, pretending to put bows in her hair and trying to take her clothes off by herself. 

She is really in to waving at anyone or anything...which of course I think is adorable. She likes to wrestle with her brother...no joke! She has always been really tough and doesn't cry over much. Sometimes I think, if you would cry when Nolan hit you he might stop! But she usually just takes it. 

She definitely does not like getting her hair done...which is a real bummer with all of that beautiful hair of hers that grows like a weed! She does like bath time though! She can splash just as big as her brother. It is quite impressive coming from her little self. 

Little she definitely is. I sometimes call her my lil' peanut. She is just this short, squishy petite little thing of cuteness. She probably weights about 18 lbs which isn't crazy light, but she is so short that it all just squishes together...love it!

We were able to celebrate our cute Cleo for her very 1st birthday. On the day of the birthday we had sugar for breakfast...well not exactly, but almost. Then, had a picnic lunch with cookies and friends until thunder threatened our fun! Throughout the day we showered her with kisses and birthday wishes. Then, that night since Blaine had to be at school I invited the Somerhalder's over to have some birthday tacos and dessert. It was great having them there with us and felt like having family with us! Cleo had fun eating, opening presents and playing, but by the time we had reached browines and ice cream she was pretty darn tired! I have a bunch of pictures following here which should tell the story of the day pretty well. We love our birthday girl! 
Birthday breakfast pancakes with chocolate chips and whip cream. She eventually made it to the pancake but not before all of the sweet stuff was gone.

Cookies at the park with friends!

For some reason she decided she wasn't going to take an afternoon nap (I think an overload of sugar had something to do with that!) and instead played happily outside for at least an hour...just her and the dirt!

Squeezes for her pig pink that Nolan picked out for her.

Skyping with Oma while she gets her new baby and baby buggy from Oma.

Checking out the new baby doll that our little baby doll got for her birthday.

By the end of the night she was done even with brownies and ice cream in front of her.

PARTY DAY!
We celebrated Cleo's birthday the Saturday after her actual birthday. In April, you think we'd be able to expect a nice spring day, but no! It was so cold. We were all bundled and just cold. But at least it didn't rain! We had some pizza, chips and fruit and then cupcakes. Cleo seemed to enjoy herself and never seemed very bothered by the cold.
Chowin' down on pizza.

Party pizza on the blankets.

Party friends.

I loved this. Everyone had moved on from eating, except little Cleo!

The moment of the cake! She was so funny. She looked at it for a while, then put her fingers in it, but never ate it until I stuck some in her mouth and then she slowly ate little pieces. She never really went for it! Mind of her own that little Cleo.







These are other med school wives who were at the party. I feel like I never get pictures with them so it is nice to document our friendship here. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET CLEO!!!!!

3 comments:

The Hardys said...

what a cute chubby little cherry pie, I wish I could just pick her up and give her a big hug! You look great, your kids are adorable, miss you guys!!

Danielle said...

Oh sweet Cleo, I can not get enough of you! You are so cute! Fun times- glad you got a picture with the friends:)

emily and jeremy said...

Her hair just kills me! What a doll, Happy Birthday Cleo!