Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nolan turned 2!

 Well, I am embarrassed at how far behind I am in blog posts, but I am bound and determined to not skip significant events. I have pictures uploaded now so I am going to post like a mad woman...hopefully!

Nolan turned 2! Can you believe it?! Saying it makes it a lot harder to ignore. He is such a wonderful, adorable, hilarious, full of life, adventurous, independent, smart, kind and good lookin' little boy! He loves to play with toys, run around in circles, play baseball, soccer, football, basketball (anything involving a ball really!), make us laugh, sing songs, read books, ride his bike, climb and then jump off things, play with friends (especially his friend Daniel), play with his dad (oh he loves his daddy!), be outside, go to nursery (church class for 18 months-3 year olds), make new friends (definitely a little social butterfly) and give kisses to his mama and sister (I love this one). He doesn't like sleep (that isn't anything new!) and being told what to do (I can't make my own decisions about everything in my life right now mom? How unfair!).  But really, he likes more things then he doesn't like.

Nolan was excited for his birthday this year because just months before his we celebrated his cousin's and his dad's birthdays...so he caught on to what happened at birthdays (cake and presents)! BUT he woke up on his birthday with a fever :(. It was so sad because he wanted to run around and have fun and celebrate, but he just didn't feel good. 

                                              

                                             
                 (This is Nolan opening up his present that his Tia Jill and cousin Nita gave him, while they watch on Skype. Love technology!)

We gave him waffles with whip cream for his bday breakfast, which he barely ate. Then, he played with dad for a little bit while mom got things ready for his birthday party. We had planned a little get together at the park. It had been raining all morning so we frantically switched the location to a park with pavilions and luckily were able to snag an open one and inform everyone of the change. And then it stopped raining! The kids played, Nolan was sad and didn't feel good though so he didn't get to do much playing.  Oh and on the drive over to the park the cake got smashed...bummer. But, Nolan was still able to enjoy blowing his candles out which he did great at with out and probing from us! And he opened his presents and was excited about them all. I think he enjoyed seeing all of his friends and got to play for a little bit at the playground. He also got to eat as much cake as he wanted...which sadly wasn't much because he felt sick. I felt so bad for the little guy because he really just wanted to play!

(smashed cake)

Nolan with his bestie Daniel

Nolan's friends Jake and Calvin

Nolan's friends (and our neighbors) Shania and Cody

Playin' with his friends...he's so grown up!

This is me and my friend Lindsay and our babies who are 3 weeks apart. Check out Cleo's face...she pulls the best faces when the camera comes out! She really did have a nice time though.

Presents! Nolan was certainly spoiled!

Everybody helping with the presents.


This is my birthday boy...you can see how sick he was here. So sad! But I thought he would still want to try and play...and I think he did!


Well, after the party we actually had planned to drive to Utah so me and the kids could go to a wedding. We debated whether or not we should go since Nolan was sick, but thought we'd just go ahead and go. While we packed up he sat on the couch and watched his new movie (The Letter Factory). Then, we headed out and surprisingly Nolan did great. He slept for most of the way and then just watched a movie and hung out. He didn't feel good, but was able to just try and rest and stay calm. He did a great job!

It was nice to be able to celebrate our little guy. He sure is wonderful and we are so blessed to be able to call him our son. I am so proud of him and who he is and know that we have a lot of great things in store because he is in our lives.

2 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

Oh and PS your short hair is super cute :) Makes me want to cut mine...

Chelsea said...

Looks like got lots of fun things for his birthday!! That's too bad that he was sick though:(