Friday, October 9, 2009

Nolan's sleeping woes...


About a week ago Nolan decided to start stretching out his nighttime sleeping hours. He went for 4 1/2 hrs to 5 hrs. and finally to 6 hrs! I was getting so excited each night as he slept longer and longer. Now...out of no where...he has gotten worse. He has had a hard time taking naps, sleeps for a 3 hr. chunk and then anywhere from 2 hrs. to 45 minutes at a time after that AND he eats all the time! I think maybe he's going through a growth spurt?! Like I really know, but that's my guess. Maybe one day he'll tell me if I'm right.

I snuck up on Nolan like this after a mini-nap...just as happy as a clam. Ignore the crawling around at the beginning...if he saw me I would have lost the moment ya' know...so I had to be real stealth about it! :)

3 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

ugh!! Collin did that same exact thing last week. went from 6 hours to up every 1.5...I think it must be a growth spurt, especially if Nolan wakes up really hungry. You are probably already doing this (and have heard this advice a million times!), but try to lay him down when he is sleepy but awake so that he is learning to get himself to sleep. (this will be esp. helpful if he gets woken up for a reason other than hunger- he'll be able to go back to sleep on his own.) We did this with Collin & it meant that he sometimes cried for a few minutes, but he's now doing 4-5 hour stretches at night again. wahoo!
LOVE the picture of the two of you sleeping...so darling!

Megan King said...

Thanks for the advice. I love any and all advice from other mama's even if I've already heard it. Last night was a good night...back to 2 four hour stretches. I think the "learning to get himself asleep" plan is a good one. Thanks!

Michelle said...

That video is adorable! He is so stinkin' cute!