Now that I am unemployed and on summer vacation I thought it would be a good time to pick up a new hobbie. I have always wanted to learn how to sew but felt intimidated and kind of lost as to where to start. That is until I found a free basic sewing class! Friday night I went to this cute quilting store from 6-9pm and learned how to sew a pillowcase. I walked away with this handmade pillow...handmade by me! Can you believe it? I am so excited to try again and to try my hand at other projects. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be and I didn't do such a bad job...so it must not be to easy to mess it up! Anyways...here is my first sewing project!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
First Sewing Project!
Now that I am unemployed and on summer vacation I thought it would be a good time to pick up a new hobbie. I have always wanted to learn how to sew but felt intimidated and kind of lost as to where to start. That is until I found a free basic sewing class! Friday night I went to this cute quilting store from 6-9pm and learned how to sew a pillowcase. I walked away with this handmade pillow...handmade by me! Can you believe it? I am so excited to try again and to try my hand at other projects. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be and I didn't do such a bad job...so it must not be to easy to mess it up! Anyways...here is my first sewing project!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I couldn't wait until Sunday evening. Just had to check out your blog after my first meeting this morning. You are adorable! I will have a grandson soon, very soon. Yea :)
I am very impressed! My first sewing project turned into a ball (it was supposed to be a square).
Do you have a sewing machine or do you just use theirs? It looks great!
Post a Comment