Monday, July 14, 2008

Playing parents

Last week Blaine and I got to "play parents" to an adorable 12 month old baby. She stayed with us for 5 days while her parents were on vacation. She was sooo cute and gave us a great sneak peek into parenting...to a certain extent at least. Her name is Kate and she is such an even tempered baby. We got her Monday afternoon and played for a bit before she took a 2 and 1/2 hour nap! That night we took her out with us to go shoe shopping. She was just so cute and curious about everything that was happening around us. We set up a "pack and play" for her in the room next to ours for bedtime. She did great...I on the other hand was a little nervous. For some reason anytime she would change position she would give out a little whimper. And everytime I heard it I would jump out of bed and stand next to the door. She would always be fast asleep within 10 seconds of the whimper and I would head back to bed. Once I realized she was sleeping, I stopped getting up...that was after about 5 times though! :)

The rest of the week we were feeding, playing, bathing, and putting Kate to bed! It was so fun! She was such a cuddly baby too. When she woke up she would just lay on my lap for a few minutes to fully wake up! If that doesn't make you baby hungry I don't know what does! :) (but don't spread any rumors because we are not pregnant)

By the end of the week we were really getting the hang of things. I wouldn't get all worried at the first hint of a cry and Blaine had a pretty good "talk to the baby" voice. It was sad to see her go and I have to say I miss having her around. I can say now that Blaine is going to be a great dad!

No comments: