In July we were able to go to Washington for a family reunion with Blaine's brothers and their families as well as his mom, Sharon, and her husband, Ron. It was a wonderful week spent at a beautiful horse manor, old country home, beautiful acres and acres of land, and always good times with the Kings. I have a lot of pictures, but I just think they are all so great and mostly want to post them all for my own sake. SO....feel free to quickly scroll through knowing that there are a lot here! Or enjoy to the bitter end!
Nolan was pretty excited about walking off of the plane. Notice his t-shirt...he really likes planes!
There was a pool at the house, but it was a little cold! It took guts to dive in...but some were brave enough.
It is hard to see inside that container, but there is a bat...not a toy bat, but a real life bat! My brother-in-law was "saving" the kids who were sleeping in the barn from bat by catching it, putting it in a redvines container, and then bringing it inside the house. The kids were fascinated, the adult women were not!
One of the days we spent a few hours playing outside which was loads of fun for the kids ok and the adults really!
Oh and Jensen and Nolan really got along! :)
Baby Cleo was able to meet Grandma Cleo for the first time which was a super cool event. Baby Cleo really was sincerely excited to see her. She just stared, smiled, cooed and was genuinely excited. It was quite remarkable. They had an instant connection and I am just so glad we were able to capture it.
It is a tradition for us to have a talent show each reunion and here are just some of the things were were graced with this year...
*serenaded by the guitar
*piano playing
*sweeping (by Nolan)
*recounting all the names in the room in seat order (Blaine)
*juggling
*smiling (this talent was recounted about Cleo by her cousin Jessica
*rhythm hand clapping
*tap dance (Megan...dance is all she's got!)
*basketball skills
*singing
*procrastination...that was impressively demonstrated by my sister-in-law!
I could go on, but that list will do for now.
The reunion was in Washington so we were greeted with lots of rain, which I loved! And so did my cute nieces...
One day was spent at a county fair. There were some booths, rides, and games. It turned out to be a lot of fun walking around and enjoying the feeling of a county fair.
Isn't this the most precious picture?! Cleo just snuggled right up to my sister-in-law Jackie and had a nice nap at the fair!
There was of course lots of yummy eating at the reunion. Our tummy's were kept nice and full!
It was a great family reunion. I am so grateful for my wonderful in laws. I really lucked out in that department. I have great brother and sisters in law
1 comment:
Looks like fun! Cleo is getting so big!!!
Post a Comment