Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Something to blog about...

I haven't felt like I've had much to blog about other then the usual adorable things Nolan is doing...but I feel like people are losing interest so I was trying to think of other fun things to share. Well, something not so fun happened that I thought...unfortunately this is something I could blog about...here goes...

Saturday night I was at Albertsons doing our weekly grocery shopping. By the end of the trip Nolan was getting anxious to be home so I was rushing out. I put Nolan in his carseat, popped the truck and put the groceries away, then went straight back to Nolan to try to console him before the drive home. He hates his carseat so I was attempting to calm him. Eventually I decided I just needed to hurry home. I hopped out of the car, closed the door, and ran to my door...it was locked! I had locked myself out and the keys were sitting next to Nolan. He was screaming in the car and I couldn't get to him. I started to panic. I was on the ground digging through my diaper bag hoping I would miraculously find the keys.  Some very very very nice people saw me and immediately helped. They called the Boulder City police, calmed me down, and started trying to get into the car anyway they could. Meanwhile, my baby is crying, I am crying, and feeling like an awful mother! The police show up, call the tow truck company (Big John...apparently the only company in Boulder City whom everybody knows) and Big John offered to calm get in my car for free since I had an 11 week old in there....SO NICE!!! He came very quickly and as soon as the doors were open I hurried and took Nolan out of the car seat and held him soooo tight! I might add that he was just falling asleep by the time we got to him so clearly he wasn't in any danger. It was an awful feeling though. I didn't want to let go of him!!! Blaine came from school and consoled me. Nolan didn't need much consoling seeing as he was smiling and talking as if nothing ever happened. I'm really glad I didn't traumatize him. I was a little shaken up the rest of the night...but at least I had something to blog about right?!

6 comments:

Lara said...

Yikes!!! I am sorry you had to go through that! I am always worried I am going to lock landon in the car on a very hot day...hasn't happened yet (knock on wood). I tried calling you the other day - we should get together and hang out sometime. :)

Cortney Clegg said...

I think every mom has freaky moments like that- I know I have. :) Glad everything turned out ok & I'm especially grateful that this happend to you in the Fall & not Summer...

Jessica said...

That's so sad! I'm sure Nolan will never remember, though. :)

Janie Mann said...

Sad! How scary for you. I'm glad things worked out and Megan, you're NOT a bad mom, you're a GREAT mom!!!

The Hardys said...

Hey meg! I love love love all your pictures and updates, the halloween pics are adorable. My favorite part was that you cut some rug, that's what I'm talking about!! That is a scary story, I would be freaking out, I'm glad it turned out ok!

Jill Anderson said...

Nolan will love this story as soon as he is old enough to understand...the story about how Boulder City came together to rescue him from his car seat! I will tell it to him when I get to help put him to sleep some day....