Friday, October 23, 2009

Cloth diapering...(diaper can now be made into a verb apparently!)

I think this set up totally fits into our old school carpeted back yard (that's right...its carpeted!)

Cloth diapering is going really well actually. I don't mind the laundry and that is really the biggest issue with it as far as "versus disposables". I definitely don't miss the bags and bags of disposable diapers I was throwing away. Plus it is fun to feel like I am using the "traditional" way of diapering my baby (traditional with many upgrades I should say). The worst part is definitely transferring the dirty diapers from the bucket (where they soak in water until its time to wash them) to the washing machine. I have mastered the two finger grip to reach in and drop them into the washing machine trying to avoid as much contact as possible. I have decided it is better to line dry them too because they calm out less fluffy and lie better in the diaper cover. Anyways..cloth diapering isn't so bad so anyone considering it don't be afraid! It's much cheaper and it contributes to a better environment...lots of feel goods! :)

3 comments:

jenniferhoiyin said...

You're so awesome for sticking to it. I was doing cloth for a while but Aaron hated it and decided it was worth budgeting in. We were doing it to save money too.
Something I was doing after rinsing out the dirty ones was throwing them in the washer with a little bit of water in it, then I'd put it on a rinse cycle before adding soap and washing them really well.

Jessica said...

You are a brave mama. It still kind of grosses me out, but maybe after I have my first kid and I'm used to poop everywhere and I'm sick of running to the store for disposables, it will sound like a good idea. :)

Jill Anderson said...

yeah for cloth diapers! yeah for diapers that dry in the blessed sun!