Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pregnancy Update


I'm sorry its been a while since I updated. I'm not really sure where the time has gone! But here is the latest photo of me and my pregnant self! I am getting closer and closer to the due date (between 2 and 3 weeks) and more and more anxious! 

Blaine and I started our "baby classes". We are taking a prepared childbirth class...which basically is a run down of all things having a baby, labor and delivery and postbirth. It has been really fun. We have one more of those classes to go to (it was split up into 3 nights for 3 hours each night). We also went to a baby basics class...since we are so clueless! We learned about the basic things you need to know about caring for your baby, bath time, changing diapers, keeping them warm, pediatrician information, cleaning the umbilical cord, circumcision, etc. It was fun and nice to just run through some of those things. We are feeling more and more ready for him to come now! We have been practicing our relaxation tools at home as well in order to help us out with the big labor and delivery part. I am hoping to do the whole thing without any medications. I've been feeling pretty good about it and Blaine is a huge help and support. I hope it all works out when its actually time!

The baby seems to be doing great though. He is moving and dropping and I'm pretty sure he is getting mentally prepared for his upcoming adventure! We go to the doctor every Wednesday now for "check-ups" on my progress. I'll try to keep this updated as to what we learn. 


5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! How exciting! I can't wait to hear that you had your baby boy. That's cool about the classes, was that just through the hospital?

Our Family said...

Good luck with everything. It will be all over with before you know it. He is a lucky boy to have such great parents that care for him so much already. I hope you get to do it without medication, I did with Taya and wished I would have with the other two even. Keep us posted when you can.

Amelia Brame said...

Mega- God made doctors to make us medication to make giving birth not so painful! ;) That's super cool that you wanna do it without any medication. I am personally a wimp and probably couldn't handle it. Remember Michelle Hinton?... she just had a baby... and she did it all natural.. and her experience sounded.. well umm.. painful :) Don't worry- she wrote about it in GREAT detail on her blog and now I'm convinced that I am never having kids ;) Anyway- I'm excited for your little boy to come! And P.S. you look great with that cute belly of yours!

jenniferhoiyin said...

You'll do an incredible job with delivery! Did you hear Anna had little Maren? I think that's how she spelled it. Anyway, you're going to do great! Love you <3

georgandlaurasuhren said...

You look great Megs!