Yesterday we experienced a real piece of Boulder City living with the Damboree 4th of July celebration. It started with a parade. There were a ton of people set up to watch the parade. The greatest thing about it was the "non-water" vs. "water" entries. The first half of the parade was full of "non-water" entries, as they labeled it. Then...there were the "water" entries...which made it all make sense. The whole town practically gets into a huge water fight with the "water" entry floats. It was awesome! Everyone had those huge super soaker water guns and water balloons and just drenched each other. It was so fun to watch. I can't wait for my little boy to experience it outside of the womb. He's gonna love it!
A random hi-light of the parade
Do you see the super soakers?!
After the parade I needed a break from the heat so we headed home for a bit. After we had a nice breather, we headed back out to the festivities. At the near by park they had lots of activities and food/drink booths set up. We got ourselves some cheeseburgers and lemonade and sat in the park to enjoy. Then, we went swimming and cooled off. It felt so good!
Cheeseburgers and Lemonade
To close off our celebrations, we went to a different park where the city was putting on the fireworks show. There were so many people sprawled out everywhere but you never felt crowded! It was such a nice set up. We had great seats for the show too. I felt like we were right underneath the fireworks. It was a great show. They had some HUGE fireworks. The last firework they set off was absolutely beautiful. It was one of those huge ones but it fountained out at the end and lingered forever and seemed to cover the whole sky. It was really cool. When we got home we decided to carry on the festivities and do some fireworks of our own. They weren't quite as cool...but still fun!
Professional fireworks show
At home fireworks show!
I have to say....I'm proud to be an American. I love this country and the freedoms we enjoy while living here. I am grateful for all those who have actively served for our country and thank them for their service and hope they can come home soon to be with their friends and family again!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! (from the best dam city around!)
No comments:
Post a Comment